About Star Ratings
Star ratings help patients evaluate providers
In keeping with our vision and commitment to improve the quality, safety, and experience of care, SCL Health is joining a number of leading health systems nationwide in publishing patient satisfaction ratings online.
We realize you have a choice in who you choose to deliver your care. Our patient satisfaction surveys, conducted by the independent research firm Press Ganey, present a thorough and accurate picture for patients and their families.
Using national best practices, we have developed an initiative to provide patient satisfaction ratings for select SCL Health Medical Group providers on the SCLHealth.org website.
Here’s how it works
Patients are surveyed on their care experience in six areas:
- Concern the care provider showed for your questions or worries
- Explanations the care provider gave you about your problem or condition
- Care provider's efforts to include you in decisions about your care
- Care provider’s discussion of any proposed treatment (options, risks, benefits, etc.)
- Extent to which the care provider (CP) listened to you
- Likelihood of your recommending this care provider to others
And finally, an overall rating representing an average of ratings.
These scores are converted to an easy-to-understand five-star rating where 5 is the best rating possible. This rating scale is similar to those found on consumer review sites. The star ratings appear on the Find a Doctor profile pages on SCLHealth.org.
More about the survey
- The survey is emailed and mailed to patients following their visit at one of our medical group practices.
- We are committed to posting both positive and negative feedback.
- Ratings will show when the provider has 30 reviews or more.
- Survey comments will also be posted, unless they contain patient health information, profanity or libelous claims.
- The comments are reviewed prior to publishing to ensure that no personal health information is shared in comments from patients.
- Provider ratings will be updated weekly as we receive new survey data and the providers will receive updates when new ratings and comments are published.
Have questions or comments? We'd love to hear from you. Send us a comment.